HTML heading tags are used in creating or defining headings in HTML webpage. Headings may be the topics of a webpage and it sub - topics.
There are six headings in HTML which can be defined with the <h1>
tags. The <h1> is the biggest heading in HTML webpages followed by the <h2> and down to the <h6> tag.
Copy PRACTICE IT
HTML headings have meaning and importance wherever they are defined in a webpage especially to search engines and therefore should not be used because you basically need a text to be big and bold.
On the other hand, do not create headings with the <b>
tag. Use any of the heading tags to create appropriate headings on your webpage.
- Headings are used in creating header text.
- The <h1> to <h6> tags can be used in creating headings of numerous sizes and importance on a webpage.
- The <h1> is used in creating the largest headings, followed by the <h2> and down to the <h6>
- Headings are important not only to your webpage but also to search engines. A search engine may assume the first heading element appearing on webpage is the title or topic of the webpage.
- Therefore, always define topics and sub topics with appropriate headings. Use <b> for bold text and <strong> for important bold text.