is a client - side web programming language that is used in instructing a website on how it should behave with its users. As a client side programming language, its interpretation lies with the web visitor's browser and not the computer where your website lives.
Then again, with its AJAX technology which is supported on all browsers, you can practically communicate with a website server's (a computer where a website lives) file in order to do just anything like get the content of the file or perform just any operation on the site's server and database without a web client noticing.
The truth is that, even here at stackbeginner.com
- General web programming that can be interpreted by your web clients' browsers.
- Accessing all HTML elements, their content or values and attributes.
- Updating any part of a webpage with new elements, attributes, contents and values.
- Communication with a web server.
- Dynamically updating a web page with data from a web server without the webpage reloading.
- A whole lot others...
- A client is same thing as a web user or web visitor. They are the people that visit and use a webpage or website.
- A server is any device or computer where your website or webpage lives or exists.